SEO vs PPC ads Comparison
SEO ( Search Engine Optimization ) is the practices and efforts of increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engines results. There are three important elements of SEO, they are:
1. Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in products that you offer.
2. Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages (SERPs), more traffic is better.
3. Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many SERPs. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
PPC ads ( Pay Per Click advertising on Search Engines ) is an internet advertising model on Search Engines ( such as Google, Bing and Yahoo ) used to direct traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher (typically a website owner or a network of websites) when the ad is clicked on SERPs. PPC ads is commonly associated with first-tier search engines (such as Google AdWords and Microsoft Bing Ads). With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. In contrast, content sites commonly charge a fixed price per click rather than use a bidding system. PPC “display” advertisements, also known as “banner” ads, are shown on web sites with related content that have agreed to show ads and are typically not pay-per-click advertising. Social networks such as Facebook and Twitter have also adopted pay-per-click as one of their advertising models.
These are key comparisons of SEO vs PPC ads:
1. SEO is a long term investment and PPC ads is short term investment. SEO will give you benefit on long term time frame, because it takes time to get high rank on SERPs. Building high quality useful valuable contents and high quality natural backlinks take time and high cost. PPC ads will give you instant benefit. Once you setup your PPC ads on Search Engines, your ads will be on the first page of SERPs instantly. SEO is just like ” you buy a house “, and PPC ads is just like ” you rent a house “.
2. In the long run, SEO will be cheaper than PPC ads. Just in case you stop your investment in building contents and backlinks, SEO will still give you benefit. Your website’s rank on SERPs will still there and high for longer period. on PPC ads, once you stop paying the ads, Search Engines will also stop displaying your PPC ads instantly.
3. PPC ads are more predictable than SEO. SEO is highly unpredictable. Why ? You don’t pay search engines to place your advertisings that a certain number of people see. Rather, you are attempting to prove your site’s authority and credibility to receive impressions from an algorithm. On top of that, you have competitors that will do just about anything to beat you. Search Engines are constantly updating and changing their rankings. People utilizing PPC ads are taking away your traffic. SEO is hard and unpredictable. PPC ads is definitely more predictable than SEO. Paid search depends largely on data collected and analyzed to make intelligent decisions on when and where to advertise. Because of this, PPC ads professionals can better meet the needs and better assess the success of a campaign than in SEO. When things aren’t going right, it’s much easier to figure out why and address the issues than it typically is in SEO.
As a conclusion, SEO and PPC ads have different effects and Return on Investments. If you are looking for quick Return on Investment and don’t have the resources for a long term campaign, consider PPC ads as your option. If you are a business that hopes to be around for a long time and continue to grow over time, SEO is a better choice.
– iMarketology –